- Brand Strategy 100%
- Digital Marketing 100%
- Advertising & Content Development 100%
- Performance Analytics 100%
- Customer Happiness 100%
First Things First ... Why Teri Merritt?
Teri’s 25 years of experience in the hospitality & lifestyle industries enables her to provide strategic direction and execution in all areas of marketing & digital. She has a broad understanding of consumers across multiple geographies and demographics with her experience as brand marketing leader in both North and South America, Europe and the Middle East for various hotel types and their unique needs from Economy/Moderate Tier, (i.e. Fairfield Inn by Marriott), to Lifestyle brands (i.e. Renaissance Hotels and the Autograph Collection) to Signature upscale brands (i.e. Marriott Hotels) on up to Luxury brands (i.e. JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts). She ensures the utilization of the correct distribution channels to drive profitable demand and achieving optimum ROI or ROAS (return on advertising spend) to all interested parties – ownership and management.
Teri began her career as a Marketing & Advertising executive at advertising & public relations agencies in South Florida. She was then recruited by Marriott International, serving in multiple executive marketing roles throughout her successful 25 year tenure, the latest as Vice President of Brand Marketing & eCommerce for Marriott’s Americas Continental division from 2010 to 2015. Her extensive background includes expertise not only in the US & Canada, but in international marketing as well, having served as the Brand Marketing & eCommerce leader for both the Europe/Middle East & Africa region, while based in London, as well as the Brand Marketing & eCommerce leader for the Caribbean and Latin America regions, based in South Florida.
- Managed global brand marketing budgets in excess of $6Million focusing on Marriott Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels and Residence Inn.
- Managed creative development and implementation process for all supported brands
- Drove unaided awareness of Marriott Hotels brand in the UK from #3 to #1 position, outperforming Hilton for the first time
- Drove unaided awareness ranking of Marriott Hotels brand from #4 to #2 in Mexico against all other global competitors
B2B Marketing & Segmentation
- Supported field Sales teams with sales tools and collateral with which to appropriately sell
- Implemented key metrics and programs to support lead generation through on-line search and digital campaigns which resulted in over 6million impressions, 1.2% click through rate @$$1.28CPC and drove $2.1Million in RFP Revenue and 1,000 bookings.
- Supported Tour and Travel sales teams in marketing support via Travel Intermediary channels and media programs.
- Directly managed media, creative, public relations and search agencies in with locations throughout North and South America
- Conducted annual reviews and RFP/Search process to ensure effective & innovative agency support
Hotel Repositioning & Hotel Marketing
- Established process to facilitate hotel business positioning to achieve owner’s priorities
- Positioned and/or Repositioned multiple hotels and resorts throughout the US, Europe, Middle East, Caribbean and Latin America.
- Development and management of individual hotel marketing plans to include advertising, eCommerce, digital marketing, PR, events, photography, collateral, social media, content development, partnerships and promotions – customized for each hotel based on unique market dynamics, competitive environment and business goals.
- Developed B2B marketing and tools to support field direct sales efforts
eCommerce & Digital/Distribution Strategies
Organizational Planning, Leadership & Talent Development
- Established Marriott’s field marketing organizational structure to support individual hotel’s marketing & eCommerce efforts. To include staffing assessments and budgeting models.
- Direct report disciplines included: Brand & Field Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Partnerships, Loyalty/CRM, Digital/eCommerce, eChannels, and Data Analysis.
- Grew Marriott’s remote field organization from <80 associates to >165 – from Canada to Brazil, supporting over 750 hotels.
- Maintained associate engagement scores above 80% and only 3% turnover
- Team consisted of primarily Gen Y (61%) and Gen X (27%)
Mergers & Acquisitions Support
Provided marketing and organizational support for:
- Integration of Renaissance Hotels to Marriott International
- Gaylord Hotels & Resorts to Marriott International
- Delta Hotels & Resorts (Canada) to Marriott International
- Kessler Collection hotels into Autograph Collection
- Atlantis Paradise Island to Autograph Collection